The Cressi 'Ellipse' octopus is largely the same as the Cressi 'Ellipse' regulator. Both are made from special hi-tech polymers. The difference is the yellow cover and the hose that is 24cm longer (being 100cm).
The inhalation effort is a bit bigger than on the 'Ellipse', to prevent any self-regulating possibility when it is used as a spare reg.
The performance of the second stage is enhanced by flow of pilot air channelled to the mouthpiece by injection. A flow deviator in the upper part acts on the Venturi effect, with a dive or pre-dive function.
You have the possibility to extract the entire valve system from the body of the 2nd stage.
Features of the 'Ellipse' 2nd stage include:
- Calibration pressure 9-10 bar
- Average inhale effort 8 mbar*
- Average exhale effort 11 mbar*
- Average breathing work 1.3 J/l*
- Air supply 1300 l/m weight (without hose) 166g.
* values measured in compliance with UNI EN 250 standards